Fortunately, I was able to attend training camp this afternoon and here are a few quick hitters. As I spent the majority of the time on the far bleachers, I had the defensive backs closest to me and that’s where I focused much of my attention for the afternoon:
- Greg Toler looked healthy and active. He got some individual work in with the Defensive Backs’ coaches outside his normal reps. He was practicing with the first team defense as anticipated
- Darius Butler was smooth in and out of drills
- Trent Richardson played with the first team offense and got a few reps (mostly runs to his outside right)
- T.Y. Hilton and Hakeem Nicks were used on both the left and right throughout the afternoon. Reggie Wayne did not practice in drills today.
- Vontae Davis did not practice today
- Weslye Saunders and Daniel Adongo look huge in person with pads. I had to do a double take and check the roster for their height and weights.
A few images from the day for your enjoyment:
Key DB’s Greg Toler and Darius Butler get some extra reps with defensive coaches.
DB’s Darius Butler and Sergio Brown watch the 3rd team take its reps as they take a breather.
Projected Starting Safety, Delano Howell, slows down after sprinting in a drill.
Greg Toler and The Other DB’s take a short breather in between reps
DB’s take their final huddle for the afternoon
WR Hakeem Nicks aligned to the outside right of the formation before the snap.
RB Trent Richardson sprints to the right in a non-contact scrimmage play
QB Andrew Luck adjusts the play at the line of scrimmage before the snap.
WR’s T.Y. Hilton and Josh Lenz stare at the 3rd team offense taking its reps, as they patiently wait.
Feed Moncrief! Rookie WR Donte Moncrief lined up on the outside right for this scrimmage play.
Undrafted rookie free agent Loucheiz Purifoy catches the ball in a DB drill.
WR Griff Whalen catches a deep ball from QB Andrew Luck in a drill.
WR Donte Moncrief goes deep in a drill, catching a long ball from QB Andrew Luck.
TY makes it look easy, catching a short throw from QB Andrew Luck.